Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Nursery

I realized I never posted photos of the nursery. Maybe because she was sleeping in our room the first 4 months or... who knows. Anyway, here it is:
 We bought the mobile and clock at IKEA. I took the clock apart and decorated it since it was just black and white. I was originally thinking of doing a Dr. Seuss theme and the fish mobile would have added a great "One Fish, Two Fish" piece to it. The changing table and pad were a $10 garage sale find this past spring. The one basket has disposable diapers for night time and going away and the other basket has her cloth diapers. I'll have to update more on that sometime.
 Derek's chair from college: when we moved to this house it was determined that it would stay in the garage... somehow it "matched" and found it's way up here. :)
 I found this bedding set at a Mom 2 Mom sale this past spring and loved it with all its colors! The crib was a gift from Abigail's Grandma and Grandpa. I made the letters of her name based on an idea from here.
The animals on the wall were painted to match the animals in the bedding set with acrylic paint. I did that last winter. The walls were originally this light blue. The glider is from Babies R Us.
She likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment