Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm Thankful For - Day 1

I'm going to *try* and post something I'm thankful for each day in November until Thanksgiving Day. Just trying to be purposeful and prepare my heart along the way. It should be easy since I have SO many things to be thankful for, I'll just have to remember to actually post it!

Today I am thankful for my community, for the hard working honest people that live here. Granted not everyone is peaches and cream but this is a pretty great place to live IMHO ("in my humble opinion" for those of you that don't text).

I withdrew our cash for our November envelopes today (we follow the Dave Ramsey recommendations) and I was in a hurry and didn't count it (I always count it!). It wasn't until after I had spent some of it and was putting the bills into their envelopes that I realized I was $100 short!! I drove back to the bank worried about how I would explain this/resolve this and the teller recognized me and said she was just looking up my phone number to call me to return my two 50 dollar bills. Yay! I really like my bank too BTW ("by the way", again just edumacating some of you out there on the abreves). Where else can you get 4% interest? Maybe that should be a separate post?...

No comments:

Post a Comment