Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm Thankful For - Day 18

Medicine, doctors and hospitals! I have to put this into perspective because actually I'm usually NOT very thankful or happy when I need these things: I'm grumpy because I'm sick and feeling awful! However, to have medicine for my baby the same hour I find out she had an ear infection or for Derek to be able to take some Nyquil and crash for the night, not even hearing me getting up with Abigail (he needed his sleep!). Even those soft, lotioned tissues... (sigh) so nice on noses! I listed this item when I first started my list at the beginning of the month not realizing that I would get a cold, then Abigail, then Derek and least of all not knowing my father-in-law would have a heart attack. I'm so relieved that he was able to get the immediate care he needed when his life depended on it. As we enter this holiday season I know I am so thankful that he is alive and healthy and for the doctors and nurses that quickly gave him care.

No comments:

Post a Comment