Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm Thankful For - Day 20

My job. I love teaching. It is so rewarding, and fun, and new every day. Oh there are days when I do not want to do it but the good totally outweighs the tough. I loved how my class always became like family by the end of the year. It was tough to say goodbye and hand them off to a new teacher. The students that required lots patience- they even bring a chuckle to me years later. I wonder how they are all doing. I get to build snow forts and play hopscotch and Red Rover. I can paint and color and write stories and read books and sing. I get to do something different every single half hour of the day. It's never the same thing twice (with the exception of elementary school knock-knock jokes). Now, my job has morphed and I get the best of both worlds. I get to love on my daughter at home and still get my teacher fix twice a week. Yeah, I love my job and I'm so thankful to have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment