Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm Thankful For - Day 10

I don't realize how wonderful a healthy body is until it gets sick. (Abigail was "diagnosed" with a double ear infection today basically because she has a stuffy nose and is a baby so she can't blow her nose to empty it. All that pressure put pressure on her ears too.). The stuffy noses, sore throats, aches, burns, headaches, fatigue... and that's just the "little" stuff. So many in the world face cancer, HIV, extreme hunger and malnourishment, abuse, and debilitating diseases. I am so thankful to be able to roll over and hit my snooze, to pick up my child, to hug my husband, and to stand before 9, 10, and 11 year olds each week and teach. Today Derek turns another year older. What a blessing it is to be given another day, another year. It reminds me of a childhood song: 
This is the day,
This is the day that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice,
We will rejoice and be glad in it,
and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day,
This is the day that the Lord has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment