Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gingerbread Houses, Cookies, and Breakfast

Last year, my oldest niece and I made a gingerbread house during a snow day off from school. This year both my nieces came to my house and we made one again. Abigail just wandered around the kitchen while we decorated the gingerbread house.
 Hannah was so excited to be included on this "big girl" activity this year. I was surprised how well she did at it, we only had to remind her a few times to not eat the candy... but what kid (any age) doesn't try to eat some of the candy?!

 They were so proud of their little candy house. We set it out for everyone to see at our cookie exchange that weekend. Here's my mom and grandma with the [great] grandkids.
 All three of them LOVE to hold Abigail. It's one of the first questions that comes up when we see them.
We enjoyed some coffee and breakfast. This is a monthly tradition among the family (breakfast, not cookie exchanges) so I decided to host the December one at my house and combine it with cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment