Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our Gingerbread House

Our first snow day this year was a freebie. The forecast looked bad but the storm ended up coming a day later giving us a second snow day. Since the roads were clear and my niece lives just down the road now I had my sister-in-law drop her off and we had a little Christmas time with just the two of us. She's at such a great age where we can start doing crafts together and I think it's fun for her to do "big kid" stuff and not have her little brother and sister underfoot! I had to quickly assemble it before she came so the icing could set a little before we started decorating. It's really a multi-step process! Here's how our house started out:

Extreme concentration... I love the little tongue sticking out. ;)
We "showcased" our gingerbread house the next weekend when we had a cookie exchange:

No comments:

Post a Comment