Sunday, July 10, 2011

Abigail's First Birthday Party

I know many of you have asked to see birthday party pics. Sorry it took me so long. I have to turn my laptop in to school for the summer updates tomorrow so I have a little motivation!

Our "theme" (used loosely) was butterflies and blossoms. I tried to use green and pink in decorating. It only seem fitting to have "dirt cake" too, only we made them mini in Abigail's baby food jars:
 We hid butterflies all over the house for my nieces and nephew to find:
Abigail received a kiddie pool from one of her grandparents and we sat her in it to open the rest of her gifts. Once she received this singing card from her great grandparents she wasn't interested in anything else. She kept opening it and dancing and swaying.
 I decided to go easy on myself and not make a fancy cake, even though it may have been fun. I had to be realistic about my time (and talents!). We ordered one of those amazingly delicious cakes from Costco:



 Happy Birthday Big Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment