Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"All I want for Christmas...

... are my two front teeth". Nope Abigail won't be singing that tune this year. I just noticed today that her first two bottom teeth have cut through! It's always good to know that those fussy times were for a reason. Now that I think about it though, she did really good considering how painful and annoying that feeling must be! No pictures though, it was hard enough to actually get her to open up and stop moving that little tongue around for me to see. I used my finger to feel them and a metal spoon to hear the little tink, tink on her new teeth (gently, don't worry!).  Daddy's reaction when I called him at work to tell him: "Stop growing so fast, Abigail!"

Oh, and on the topic of milestones... When we went to her 4 month check up last week the doctor asked if she rolled over yet. I quickly responded no (like, duh... she's such a tiny baby). The doctor said she lifts herself up so high that she could probably do it and she tried to get her to roll on the table right then. Well, that set my mind straight and when we got home that's the first thing I tried. I laid her on her tummy and tried to entice her with all kinds of exciting toys and sweet voices and, by golly, she rolled over! I had been limiting her all this time. Just THINK of the things this girl could be doing. Ugh. Of course now she is so squirmy and rolling side to side and kicking her legs to move that it's hard to even do a diaper change on that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment