Friday, December 18, 2009

Welcome to Trimester Two

I am feeling sooo much better. I'm not gagging at the thought or smell of things. I eat more that mac and cheese and crackers. I never thought I'd feel "normal" again, but it is oh so good. I knew I'd turned the corner when I decided to make tacos Monday night and since Derek had just shot and processed a buck last week (Congrats, honey) I made it with venison. He was very surprised to see I had:
  • made a meal period
  • a meal where we would both eat the same thing
  • a meal that we would eat together at the same TIME
  • something spicy
  • something greasy (kinda, venison is pretty lean)
  • something with "deer meat"! :)
Then on Wednesday, I went to our staff Christmas social and there were the typical holiday goodies and punch. There were also meatballs. Now, this was supposed to just be snacks, Hors D'oeuvres (sp?). I took 3 meatballs and sat down. Mmmmm. So good! A little while later one of my colleagues brought a whole plate over FULL of meatballs because the table had dared her to fill a plate up and bring it back for everyone. I grabbed another one and ate it! 5 minutes later, there was still one lone meatball left on the plate down the table getting cold, wishing someone would eat it. You bet. I had them pass it down and snatched it up!

I think I have my appetite back.

No comments:

Post a Comment