Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Advice

Advice.
Pride. 
Those two don't play nice around here. 
My pride usually wins out and taking advice becomes hard. 
Which is sad. 
People mean well when they give advice. 
They aren't judging you.
But that's how I usually take it. 
They must be advising me because they think I'll mess up or I've already done it incorrectly.

Today, I'm glad I took advice. 
Two years ago Derek's aunt told me to always check my oven before preheating it.
She said it was a chuckle, remembering when her boys put some plastic toys in their oven.
I chuckled, trying to take the advice graciously.
And shuddered at the thought of having to clean that out of an oven!

Friends, always check your oven before you preheat it.

I'm glad I did!

Apparently she was "baking" her sippy cup in her play time yesterday. 
I've never seen her open the oven door by herself... 
well, I still haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment