Thursday, November 1, 2012

I was ready this time



An hour after I published that post of being pregnant and waiting... we went outside to play as a family and labor started. I ended up sitting in a chair in the driveway for awhile to make sure this was the real deal. Then as evening faded we decided Abigail better get to my brother's house if she was going to be to bed on time. She was so excited to be sleeping over at her cousins' house that she was apparently shaking when they laid her in bed! lol. We stayed home for a bit before going to the hospital at 11pm and by 2am our little guy was born. "Fast and Furious" is the tagline I'd give this birth since his "sunnyside up" presentation gave me some amazing back labor... I guess he just wanted to come into this world face first! 

 Derek took along his sleeping bag and pad like last time since the chairs are so uncomfortable to sleep in. It was a good thing he did since our room didn't even have one for him. It just had an old creaky rocking chair. We were one room over from Abigail's birth room. It was a little like deja vu
 I was ready a month early this time -- everything arranged and rearranged while we waited for this guy. There was no running around the  house packing bags like last year, which was good since labor went faster. 
I even found a way to reuse the box of baby food jars I'd been saving. They make great favors when you fill them with various candy. Nurses and doctors love them too. 

All I had to do was:
  • clean and sanitize them (hello, dishwasher)
  • paint the tops various hues of blue
  • make and print labels, run through the sticker machine and stick to the lid
  • tie a ribbon around it
  • fill them up and try not to eat the candy!



No comments:

Post a Comment