Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Paper Clutter Solutions

We need some solutions to help reduce eliminate the paper clutter at our house. I sometimes get the mail, read it, but leave it all so Derek can see it. Sometimes he gets the mail and leaves some out so that I see it. 

Yup, there's our first solution: DO something with the papers rather than just let them sit there. (duh) 
I know, I'm a genius (really it's continually doing it that's the problem, it's easier to blame it on the other person, he he). 

Then there is the question of some of the stuff you just have to save for longer than a few days but don't need to be filed: like invites. Our fridge is not magnetic and at first I was so bummed about this, but now I love it because our fridge stays clean!

We want it visible, but putting it on our corkboard down in our office doesn't help us one bit!

So here are some solutions I found for those things you need to save for a short bit of time:

We tried this (kind of) but you never see these things that are still kind of important reminders and such. We want to be able to "hide away" stuff when people come over but not always hidden from ourselves too!
This would be a neat entry bench, but I think Abigail would get into it, and I'd rather use this bench for mittens and hats!
What a neat "desk" idea! Not a lot of surface space for hanging notes though. It comes stained too:
Tada! I think this is the best solution! Cute shutters or cabinet doors.
 It would stay open 95% of the time when you want to see those coupons/invites/notes/calendar and shut when you need to cover the stuff up. It looks good in other colors/sizes too:
How do YOU manage your paper clutter? Any tips would help us out a lot! I can't even imagine all the paper when Abigail starts school. (I know there's a lot... I was a teacher sending it home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment