Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eleven Months Old


At Eleven Months Old Abigail... 


...sleeps from 8:30 to 6 or 7. Most of the time I can get her back to sleep for another hour or two. I just stay up and get stuff done since it's light out now. We replaced her blanket over the window with real curtains that i found at my neighbors garage sale. Four sections, the size and color I wanted (and not faded at all) for $12. Woohoo. Those help her sleep. I pull the curtains at nap time too and that seems to communicate that it's time to sleep. Most days she takes two naps, but she's skipped the morning one a few times and then she goes down for a nap at 12/ 12:30 instead.

...eats pureed food and table food. Every meal is different because she wants what we eat and sometimes likes the texture of a food (like banana pieces) and sometimes spits it out. She has 6 teeth, but I think she's getting one or two more bottom ones soon.

...nurses 3 times a day. I used to nurse her at 6 and then again at about 9when she was up for good bu now I don't nurse her at 9 and just do that first morning one, an afternoon, and bedtime. She takes bottles regularly now and I gave her formula for the first time today and she took it. I feel like my milk supply is getting lower and lower. I think that is why she nurses more often yet. She only gets like 4-5 oz from me at a sitting when I could fill her up on 8 oz of formula instead and maybe stretch her feedings a bit. We've gone 11 months exclusively breast-feeding though so that is good.

...plays and babbles and swings her arms. She will share with you (her food, a toy, a book). It's cute to see her hand you stuff. If it's food she likes though she only pretends to give it to you.

... is talking. New words that I can think of this month: nigh-nigh (night-night), baby, whoa, papa (grandpa), mommy, daddy...

...is crawling and scooting. Her crawl is still just on her tummy, pushing wit her toes and pulling with her elbows. She also scoots now, on her bottom. She swings her feet put and digs her heels in to scoot forward where she wants to go.


...wears 18 months clothes, size 3 shoes , and size 3 diapers (and cloth diapers).

Here is her ten month post.

No comments:

Post a Comment