Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day

Snow days are always a fun surprise. I go to bed thinking, "Could it be? Will it happen?" All the while the adult in me is trying to be realistic so that I'm not set up for great disappointment. Then I rush downstairs to check the television or computer after that magical 6am time limit. Upon seeing my school I continue to RECHECK it like 3 more times. Just. In. Case. 

Then there's the dilemma. Do I sneak back to bed for a bit or do I get stuff done? Hmm... Both. Grab the computer and lay in bed to work! (gotta love laptops). 

Of course this year it's a bit different:
1. I tried to tell myself I wouldn't get any snow days because I work 2 of the 5 days a week so the odds are not in my favor. (But hurray, first one was on a Tuesday!)
2. I had to grab the pump before truly heading back to bed... gotta be comfortable you know.
3. I can't sleep until 10am and then watch movies  and craft the rest of the day like I used to: Abigail will eventually wake up and need a responsible adult to play with her.

Oh, one last thing:

This is a book I saw at a teacher conference one year that just fits so perfectly with how these snow days really feel. The narrator sees the weatherman forecast a big storm, then dreams of all the fun things to do during a possible snow day. He wakes up to see they still have school and hurries with the rest of the family to get out the door to school. At the end it's actually the dad narrating the story and hoping for the snow day and he's the TEACHER! He he he. Cute book. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I was just thinking about how I could play hookey and take a day off to spend with Abigail. Love you bunches Abigail!!!
    Grandma VZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is actually my birthday book at Rose Park! I love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you got a day off! how fun. Glad you enjoyed it and I hope that you get a few more!!

    ReplyDelete