Friday, November 6, 2009

I Caught the Bug...

The doctor's office told me not to come in. I think everyone just passes it to each other when they go into their doctor. My temperature was 101 at the highest. The nurse said if it goes over 101 I need to go to the Emergency Room because that high of a temp could be dangerous to the baby. Yikes! I took my Tylenol religiously every 4 hours to try and keep my temp down but it persisted for 3 and a half days! I sat home Sunday through Wednesday. I had sooo much fun:

I'm sure it was the H1N1 Swine Flu. I heard a third of my class was out along with me. When I went back to school on Thursday, I was only a ghost of myself... soooo tired! I did make it through Thursday and Friday though, AND I finished report cards. If you ever choose a week to be sick, don't choose report card week because it is no fun! You sleep 18 hours of the day and work on report cards and sub plans the other 6 hours:

Derek was so understanding and helpful. He put up with all my moaning, coughing, chills, and even slept on the floor the whole week! (it was probably better that way, I wouldn't want him to catch this one!) He said he was only testing out his new camping air mattress... I'm definitely not back to 100% but it's good to be up and walking around again.

One thing that did make me chuckle though: when I called my principal Sunday night to tell her I needed a sub she agreed that I should not come in because one of the other teachers was pregnant and she didn't want her to get sick! Kim, I'm sooo glad you did not catch this, considering we were both on that stuffy bus for a day long field trip and [surprisingly] all of our classes caught the flu! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment