Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dear friend or family member,


I'm so sorry...

  • that I slammed my laptop closed when you walked in, but I had my weekly pregnancy update on the screen!
  • that I didn't want those teachers to observe in my room; I never know when morning sickness will hit and my students are used to me grabbing a chair and sitting down in the middle of a lesson :)
  • that I barely helped rake the mountain of leaves at our house. The smell made me dry heave and I was so tired after the first load or two!
  • that I made you all move the boxes into my house when I was just in charge of "directing everyone" to the correct room, my lower back hurt just looking at those boxes, baby!
  • if I lied to you... I had no other way of explaining WHY I couldn't get that flu shot so I just lied and said I got it.
  • that I had to get someone to cover my class twice, they only have their labs open at lunch and the obgyn is only in at certain times of the day!
  • I couldn't finish that WONDERFUL meal you made me, I really don't eat big meals anymore due to the boating.
  • I'm always eating when I'm talking to you on the phone... I'm just always hungry!
  • I make you find every bathroom when we're shopping, I really do have to GO!
  • I have not worked out with you at MVP in a long time, something about nausea and lack of energy just turns me off
  • it took me 2 whole weeks to recover from the Swine Flu, I really was very sick... something about a weaker immune system... :) Man, I'm glad that's over!
  • I never connected with you right away when you returned to the USA after 2 months... I KNEW you would ask me and I can't lie to you!
  • I poured half the drink you gave me down the drain while you were out of the room, I knew you'd notice if I didn't drink it! (the other half was great to sip on though!)
  • I looked like I didn't like that wine you served us. It was sooo good! Derek enjoyed drinking mine though. :)
Thank you for...
  • not insisting on toasting with champagne right there when we got our new house
  • carrying all those boxes into my house for me
  • helping to rake the leaves and lending us the leaf blower!
  • making homemade chicken soup when I was sick
  • not complaining when I canceled on you for the birthday party and not asking why I don't call as often
  • not asking where the baby's room would be, I would've blushed!
  • saying you care but not pressing for more info when I did need to go to the doctor twice during school
  • switching my glass in and out for yours and drinking twice as much when I was given a drink, I knew you could handle it, Honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment