Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Two Months Old

 Noah,
Your sister and brother are already very used to you. Elijah still calls you "Nonah". You really are growing up so fast and I can't really call you my newborn anymore. I am able to tell your different cries apart and almost always understand just what you want or need. Most of the time you are just yelping because you are bored and want to be walking around face out to see the world.
 You are a great sleeper so far (better than Abigail or Elijah at this age I think). You will be sleeping for the night by 9pm (10pm at the latest). You do fuss while we are trying to get the other two kids in bed but it's only because you are tired as well. Many times you have slept until 3 or 4am so I would count that as "through" the night I think. Then you always wake up between 5:30/6:30 just tomake sure Daddy is getting up for work at that time. (Our other two always woke up then too, must be a natural baby thing!) You take another nap in the morning (about 10-11am) and then a long one after lunch (like 2-5pm). You'll doze on and off at other times too (in my arms or in the swing or stroller or carseat...). You love to be swaddled tight and do not mind sleeping on your back. You are doing great in your bassinet (on a wedge) so we're rarely using the rock-n-play. I've also had you nap on our bed because our old mattress has nice divots to cradle you a bit. I can't believe it, but I can even lay you down awake sometimes and you just look around and drift to sleep (as long as Elijah isn't too loud!).

You're doing great at nursing and have taken some bottles too. We've had you use pacifiers from time to time too. When I grocery shop it is easiest to wear you in the Bjorn and then pop a pacifier in yoru mouth to sleep while I shop. You haven't really been a spitter so that's great. I can sometimes get one good burp from you but sometimes nothing. You've just started to drool a little bit... are we getting teeth next month?! When you're full you will just lay there and start cooing and talking to me. I get the most smiles right after I nurse you.
You've started cooing and talking. You also smile a lot more. If I hold you under your arms and stand you up on my lap you will kind of jump so we bounce/jump you and it makes you smile. You'e ticklish on your tummy and sides and back so it makes you squirm. Your eyes are not turning darker to brown... I think they're getting bluer! You're hair is light brown too with some curls in the humidity. 

You wear 3 month clothes right now. I just pulled down the 6 month clothes from the attic so I could look through it, some of it you may be close to fitting. You wear size 1 diapers and size 1 shoes, although you're usually barefoot and sometimes in socks if it's a cooler morning.

At two month old you weighed 12 pounds, 13 ounces (61st percentile) and were 23.5 inches long (70th percentile). Your head circumference is in the 86th percentile.

Here is Abigail and Elijah at one month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment