Sunday, April 21, 2013

Half a Year Ago...

...I was sitting in the grass right here planting my daffodil bulbs. It was sunny and beautiful. I could barely bend over so I sat and planted sideways. :) Abigail played with her bike in the driveway and Derek worked in the garage.  When I finished it was almost suppertime but I chose to sit in a lawn chair and lazily enjoy the afternoon on a rare late October day. Contractions started and I let them come for about an hour before I really knew this was it. We decided we better get Abbi fed and arrange to just have to her sleep at my brother's house for the night. We hung around at home for awhile and went to the hospital at 11pm. This little guy was born at 2am: 
 He's never seen or touched grass before so I won't be able to get him to look up. But I just want to capture a photo of him in front of "his daffodils" while they're in full bloom. 
These two bring so much joy to our home.
 I never saw it coming but it hit me like a train. Love. 



 I'm so glad these two will have each other to lean on, pick on, laugh with, cry with, and love for the rest of their lives. You're going to be bigger than her one day, Elijah, but she'll always be older than you. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment