Friday, September 17, 2010

Bottle Bootcamp


I am taking a graduate class this fall and it is a weekend class. I have it for 3 hours tonight and then another 10 hours tomorrow. I repeat that for a weekend in October and in November. It didn't seem like a bad deal for a stay-at-home-mom since those 3 weekends could just be daddy time and I wouldn't have to find a sitter. I would just "suffer" through the 13 hours each time and do the homework in between those weekends on my own time.

Until, I learned my baby does not like bottles. Oh no. The REAL thing or she just screams. She's a smarty, you know. She quiets right back down once you pull that foreign object out of her mouth. She doesn't care that it contains the same milk she gets everyday. We try almost everyday to feed her with a bottle to no avail. Even my sitters try!

Hence the picture of the bottles. They are ready, all ten varieties we have, in case she decides she wants to take a bottle from her dad while I'm in class. She may be pretty hungry when I get home after class Saturday! Fortunately we have a back-up plan (because I know I couldn't handle hours of crying by that little sweetie, more power to her daddy for trying). I am taking my class here in Holland, so my class breaks may consist of nursing in the backseat of our car in the parking lot. It just adds to the fun of 13 hours of class!

I know there are even more brands, but what's the use? She's gotta settle on one of these, seriously. We have: Playtex, Medela, Safety1, Evenflow, Breastflow, Nuk, BornFree, Luvs, and two I can't remember (one is from the doctors office and one came with a gift at a baby shower).

Wish us luck! Any pointers will be happily received in the comment section! We are almost ready to just try a sippy cup, spoon, or real cup!

1 comment:

  1. Julie - I have 2 different kinds that you dont have in the picture :) if you want to give them a try you are welcome to have one of each type :) I have only tried one kind so far with Sadie and she will take it so...

    Let me know!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete