Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fifth Baby Shower

My students and their parents threw me a baby shower at school. The "Room Moms" did a great job organizing and planning it! The first thing the students did at the shower was to pray over me and the baby. It was really sweet. They all laid hands on me (or a friend if they couldn't reach me)... most of their little hands were laid on the baby. I work with such a wonderful community! I teach to be a blessing to others and yet each day God uses these little ones to bless me even more!

Lots of yummy treats made by the moms:

Everyone brought in a small baby item to give me and they were placed on a tray as I unwrapped them. The students had to remember what was all on the tray once it was hidden. It was hard remembering what was on there but also what it was called and how to write it! :)

"Take as much as you need" is all they were told. The length of their toilet paper had to match the circumference of my baby bump. I had a few students that were very close!

Tasting baby food... She was the only brave one of this group! I don't blame them, you should've smelled the peas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment